We’re Recruiting to our Student Board!
Are you a Teesside University student and passionate about digital technology and the role it plays in both digital and non-digital businesses?
We are looking for student volunteers from all backgrounds and disciplines to join our Student Board. The Board will look at new ways that Teesside students and businesses can work together to improve graduate careers and digital employability skills.
The digital companies are looking to meet new talent and to support students to gain the experience they need for successful careers.
Recent cohorts have demonstrated that this is a fantastic opportunity for students to build genuine relationships with local tech companies and potential future employers, develop new skills and make a genuine contribution to the strategic growth and future of the local economy.
So how does it work?
Working as a multi-disciplinary team, the Student Board will select and undertake a major project with the support of DigitalCity and the FUEL team:
- This might involve supporting one of the early-stage digital/tech businesses on our Accelerator Programme.
- It could be a response to a live digital challenge set by one of the more established businesses in the Boho Quarter – or specific sectoral ‘hacks’ set by the Research & Enterprise Institutes in Teesside University’s academic schools.
- You could be passing on your passion and skills for tech and business in schools to inspire young people around the Tees Valley.
- OR it could be a digital project that is instigated by the Board itself with the support of the Board Chair.
- We need a diverse team to lead and deliver an innovative project alongside our thriving business community.
- You will have a keen interest in the digital industries, though enthusiasm and a commitment to ‘getting things done’ is more important than high level technical skills.
- Desirable qualities would include good interpersonal, planning and problem solving skills and an ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
If you are interested in joining the DigitalCity Student Board, please send us a short email telling us a little bit about you, your skills and interests and outlining why you would like to be involved to Michelle Tanner: email@example.com by Friday 22nd November.
You will be invited to an informal interview and chat on Wednesday 27th November, with the Board induction taking place on Wednesdays 4th & 11th December. The project itself will commence in January 2020.
For further information contact Michelle Tanner on: 01642 384 334 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org